“When I was a little and my family went to Disney world, I was still deathly afraid of ‘scary’ rides, including rollercoasters. They had to trick me into going into rides like the Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. My favorite ride was the “It’s a small world” ride - I rode on it so many times, my sister, to this day, is sick of that tune.”
Yes really. And there’s more: I’m terrified of tunnels. I adore all colors, I can’t dress myself to look good to save my life…yet I can easily make someone else look like a million bucks. My life is not easy, nor do I want it to be.
FOR USE OF
ADVICE & ASSISTANCE OBTAINABLE IMMEDIATELY
HOVER TO OPEN
Chillin next to the Tree of Life.
The Walt Disney World Resort was opened in Magic Kingdom, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, and Fort Wilderness on October 1, 1971. The resort also included a form of public transportation known as a monorail. Some major attractions which opened on opening day, or later in the year, include it’s a small world, The Country Bear Jamboree, The Mad Tea Party, The Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, The Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan’s Flight, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, The Hall of Presidents, and The Tomorrowland Speedway. All of these attractions have gone through changes in the last 40 years, some were even opened with different names, but 1971 was certainly a wonderful time to visit Walt Disney World.
Disney is currently testing out new talking, mouth-moving, eye-blinking, ANIMATED character costumes at their parks during special events! These are still Prototypes in BETA but the voices are NOT pre-recorded :D
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Originally designed to be a “revolutionary transportation method,” the TTA is a ride that takes you around Tomorrowland. It has wonderful views of the land, and takes you inside and above various rides in the land. The narration that goes on is basically the “conductor” telling you where you’re approaching, what you’re seeing, etc. For those of you who missed the “Paging Tom Morrow” spiel, they brought it back. For those of you who have no clue what I’m talking about, go on the damn ride:)
- Another barely any wait, relaxing rides that is nice to go on if the park is getting you down.
- Check out the City of the Future diorama
- If you’re lucky, you may be able to see Space Mountain with its lights on.
- This is not a good ride to take pictures on.
- The views are especially cool at night, when you see the park all lit up!
- Look at the belt of the alien getting her hair done.
- The City of the Future diorama is believed to be what Walt envisioned EPCOT to be like.
- The ride was originally called WEDWay PeopleMover, and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. The name was changed with the whole “Future that Never Was” refurbishment of Tomorrowland. I’m not sure why they decided to stick on the PeopleMover on the end in 2010.
- During the 2010 refurbishment, the guests were so angry at the removal of the funny and awesome line “Paging Tom Morrow,” that they put it back in.